By Julia Bakker-Arkema.
Indoor Air 2018 will be taking place July 22 – July 27 in Philadelphia, PA. The conference features many talks and sessions relevant to the Chemistry of Indoor Environments (CIE) Program, as well as a number of presentations by CIE grantees. Some speakers and sessions are highlighted below. You can also subscribe to the Indoor Air 2018 (CIE Guide) Google Calendar, or browse the full conference program. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Special Session – Symposium 4: What are the impacts of humans and their activities on indoor chemistry? (Monday 7/23, 13:30 – 15:00)
- Special Session – Symposium 7: MOCCIE: first results from a new modeling consortium for indoor air chemistry (Tuesday 7/24, 10:30 – 12:00)
- Special Session – Symposium 11: Frontiers in indoor air chemistry (Tuesday 7/24, 13:30 – 15:00)
- Special Session – Symposium 14: Improving practical microbial assessments for studying occupant health and investigating building health (Wednesday 7/25, 10:30 – 12:00)
- Podium Session – Chemistry and Transformations 1: Ozone (Wednesday 7/25, 10:30 – 12:00)
- Special Session – Symposium 17: Water on surfaces and dust: Implications for indoor chemistry and microbiology (Wednesday 7/25, 13:30 – 15:00)
- Special Session – Symposium 20: Emissions from humans: What do we know and what should we know? (Thursday 7/26, 10:30 – 12:00)
- Allen Goldstein is the plenary speaker at 8:30 am on Monday, 7/23.
- An overview and early results from the HOMEChem Indoor Air Chemistry Field Campaign by Marina Vance (Monday 7/23, 14:15)
- Home is where the SVOCs are: Semivolatile organic compounds in indoor air studied by thermal desorption aerosol gas chromatography (SV-TAG) by Kasper Kristensen (Tuesday 7/24, 13:30)
- Public engagement opportunities for the indoor air community by Nina Notman (Tuesday 7/24, 13:30)
- Time-resolved measurements of phthalates in a residence by thermal desorption aerosol gas chromatography (SVTAG) by David Lunderberg (Thursday 7/26, 10:30)
- Field measurements of human VOC bioeffluents using PTRMS by Pawel Misztal (Thursday 7/26, 11:00)
- Development and use of a portable surface flow reactor to investigate uptake of VOCs to indoor surfaces by Lucas Algrim (Thursday 7/26, 11:45)
- Impact of changing cleaning product formulation on indoor air chemistry by Nicola Carslaw (Thursday 7/26, 14:15)
- Time-Resolved Measurements of Indoor Chemistry, Emission Rates, and Deposition Velocities in a University Art Museum by Demetrios Pagonis (Thursday 7/26, 14:30)